If you want more information about specific risks and chemicals the EWG has plenty of information
That doesn’t mean never clean again.. It means clean differently. Be careful what you buy… or make your own. It’s easy to make your own cleaning spray both for disinfectant, glass cleaning, and even scrubs for the bathroom! All you need are some good glass containers like amber glass bottles and mason jars in which store the supplies!
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Unscented Dr. Bronner Liquid Castile Soap
- 1 cup distilled water
- 20 drops of any citrus essential oils (lemon, lime, bergamot or a mix)
Add the water last into the glass spray bottle (preferably an amber glass spray bottle)
- ¼ cup of White Vinegar
- 3 ounces of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol or Grain Alcohol (Everclear)
- 1 teaspoon of Dr. Bronner Liquid Castile Soap
- 15 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 15 drops of Lemon and or Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 1 Cup of Distilled Water
This is my everything cleaner from the bathroom to the kitchen. I LOVE IT (I also add frankincense, clove and cinnamon to mine.) I spray and wipe it down or use it in conjunction with the scrubber cleaner below. It is important to use distilled water to ensure it is super clean and lacks minerals.