Buying a home is already hard so it makes sense to do everything you can to make it easy by picking a great team! That team includes your Realtor and Mortgage Loan Officer.
Choosing a Realtor is a very important choice when it comes to buying and selling a home. As a buyer, you pay nothing for a Realtor so there’s no reason to go at finding a home alone! Your Realtor will ensure your best interests are met! As a seller, choosing the right Realtor is equally important.
Many Realtors won’t even come to show your home if you are selling it yourself, plus you won’t have easy access to electronic lockboxes and many documents you need to get the job done and make moving easier! Delaware Mom’s Contributor and Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Fox & Roach Realtor Katelyn shares tips for choosing a Realtor.
How do you choose a Realtor?
- How responsive are they? If you reach out for that initial inquiry and they take a day or two to respond, imagine if you have an offer in and they don’t relay it was rejected, until two days later.
- Meet virtually! As a buyer in this crazy market, you’ll be working closely and in constant contact with your realtor. I encourage meeting a couple of agents virtually and see whose energy matches yours best.
- Also, a reminder that if buying a home, you do NOT pay for the services of a realtor (unless you’re going for an FSBO). The seller in the transaction pays both the selling and buying agent’s commission. You get the expertise and guidance on the seller’s dime! Don’t try to do it alone if you don’t have to.
- A pre-approval is the absolute next step in the process, after finding a realtor who can give a few recommendations unless you have an existing relationship with a lender that you prefer your Realtor can connect you with a trusted lender to help you get that pre-approval. It will let you know how much of a home you can afford, the estimated monthly payment for that price, and an estimated amount you’ll need to bring in cash to the settlement table.
- In this market, if you need to relocate quickly or by an ideal date, be open-minded in *where* exactly that is you’d be comfortable buying. Having a few different locations you’d like opens the possibility of finding more options in our limited inventory.
What about a Mortgage Loan Officer?
When selecting a realtor, it’s best to pick the one you feel is equipped for your specific needs. Why wouldn’t you do the same when selecting a loan officer? Finding the right loan officer is very important – even more important than choosing the lender itself. There are many types of mortgages and many types of borrowers with various mortgage needs. These people can help you decide what loan type may be best for you, explore options you didn’t even know existed and help figure out how much of a home you can get!
Local Professionals that can Help!
Our Guide to Local Realtors & Loan Officers in Delaware is a collection of licensed professionals with who we partner, along with a reader-cultivated directory of Delaware Realtors found below.
Tracey Vega – The Griffin Higgins Team @ Keller Williams
As an agent who’s an expert in this local area, I bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise about buying and selling real estate here. I would love to help you sell for top dollar or help you find the perfect home.
Susan Kauffman – Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices Fox & Roach
Customer service and results-driven experienced realtor with a broad network of people to make the transition of buying or selling a home seamless for my clients. I am on call for you 24/7 to help with whatever you need. I look forward to the opportunity to help you. Call me today 302-983-8353!
Katie Papastefan REALTOR®
Real Estate is more than my career-it’s my passion! I am driven by the unique needs of each client I work with. So whether you are downsizing, upgrading your space, or getting your home ready for the market, I can help you with ALL of your real estate needs! My team is large enough to serve you but small enough to truly care!
Stephanie Sells Homes DE
Interested in buying or selling your home this year? I’d love to work with you & guide you through the process step-by-step! Contact me today to learn more and get started!
Matt Boyles REALTOR®
As a native Delawarean, I am familiar with the entire state. From the city of Wilmington to the beach in Rehoboth and especially the farms in between! I am eager to help and will go above and beyond to find the best deals for your family. Please reach out to me at 302-632-2125 when you are ready to buy or sell a home!
Matt Gregory®, Loft Realty
I’m a military-fluent real estate agent with Loft Realty in Milford, DE and the nearby area; providing home-buyers and sellers with professional, responsive and attentive real estate services both veterans and civilians. Want an agent who’ll really listen to what you want in a home? Need an agent who knows how to effectively market your home so it sells? Need an agent who understands the ins and outs of a PCS? Give me a call!
Ashley Lyon – Keller Williams
The Mortgage Mom – Morgan Homewood
Morgan Homewood is a mortgage loan originator with AnnieMac Home Mortgage. She covers all of Delaware for home purchasing or refinancing needs. Many refer to her as “The Mortgage Mom” as she not only works with mortgages but is a mom of two boys. As a mortgage lender, she can provide a variety of different loan programs to fit your needs including down payment assistance programs.
Bobbi Jones – CMG Mortgage LLC
TeamJones Delivering the right loans for the right reasons in a way that exceeds all expectations. That’s our business. Since 1993, CMG Financial, has served home buyers and homeowners nationwide with all of their new purchase and refinance needs. All CMG Loan officers specialize in new purchase and refinance mortgage needs as well as act as a financial counselor to help borrowers make informed decisions.
Reader Cultivated Realtors Recommendations
- Von Guerrero – Email Von helped Delaware Mom’s Ashley Rice find her perfect home.
Want to add your favorite Realtor? Or do you have more tips? Let us know!