Child number four and after 13 years of parenting it shocks me that according to society mothers aren’t allowed to:
- Complain (You wanted to get pregnant or who told you to have kids anyway?)
- Work (Who is going to be there for the baby?)
- Stay at Home (What will you do all day? How will you support yourself?)
- Have a bad day (Did you think it was easy?)
- Go Have Fun (Someone else raising your kids?)
- Be a tired SAHM (You do nothing all day.)
- Rest (You’re lazy!)
- Have another baby (Isn’t that enough work?)
- Have only one child (That kid will be lonely.)
- Be single (Don’t you need a husband?)
- Date (Shouldn’t you be home with your kids instead of out with some guy?)
Take the negatives out of your vocabulary especially as another mom or a significant other. Let’s support each other.
How are you feeling today?
You’re a great mom.
You deserve a break.
Your happiness is important too.
Moms can do what they need to do to keep their sanity. Let’s build each other up as women.